Popular zombie apocalyptic video game DayZ has received its Update 5, which brings in several changes and bug fixes. As a game that has been around since 2018 and had incredible longevity, it has a large following among gamers, and with every new update, expectations are raised. Fortunately, Bohemia Interactive has once again delivered with the latest patch being most welcome, introducing several gameplay improvements. You can find the patch notes for the DayZ 1.20 Update 5 listed below.
All Fixes (Patch Notes)
- Resolved a game crash issue that was connected to the server connection process
- The server publicly displayed kick messages, this has now been fixed
- The display of players on a server was not functioning properly
- Fixed a game crash on Xbox caused by user login
- Xbox gamer tags were not displaying individual characters correctly
- No disconnect message was shown after re-entering a suspended game on Xbox
- Constrained mode on Xbox was not properly switching profile sessions when profiles were switched
- If the internet connection was inactive, accessing the server browser in PlayStation could cause a crash. This has been fully resolved.
We’ve recently started a walkthrough guide on the game so if you’re interested you can check that out as we’ll be posting tips regularly.
The game is still played by millions of users each and every month and if you haven’t given it a try yet then it’s available on all major platforms. For more information on the update or just curious about the game and thinking about giving it a go, then head on over the the official forums where experienced players will help you out and point you in the right direction.