The highly anticipated Xbox One launch turned out to be the biggest ever launch in the entire Xbox history since the company was founded by Microsoft way back in the year 2001. In total, well over one million consoles were sold worldwide in less than 24 hours of the next-gen machine going on general sale.
The new record actually surpassed the previous 360 console, and it’s set a new record according to the giant video game/digital firm. It’s success is so much, that many Xbox One systems are actually completely sold out at most major retailers both online and in the high street globally.
In a statement, Microsoft had this to say:
“We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world,” said Yusuf Mehdi, CVP of marketing and strategy. “Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this season.”
Another great addition to this story, is that the company also had time to let off a few Xbox Live gameplay figures for gamers to check out, and they include:
- Over 43.3 million Fit Points were earned in the Xbox Fitness
- Over 8.5 million total enemies have been slain in Ryse: Son of Rome
- Over 7.1 million combos have been implemented in Killer Instinct
- A staggering 3.6 million miles were driven in Forza Motorsport 5
- A total of 60 million zombies have been blown to smithereens in Dead Rising 3
The next-generation Xbox One console launched this week with 22 titles accompanying it, in which 10 of them were exclusives.