The highly-anticipated release of the new Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game for the PS5 is just around the corner, set for October 20th. Gamers and fans are eagerly awaiting this launch, but they must exercise caution to avoid spoilers.
Full Trophy List
- Platinum Trophy
- Dedicated – Collect all Trophies
- Gold Trophies
- Superior – 100% complete all districts
- Heal the World – Finish the main story
- Silver Trophies
- To the Max – Purchase all Gadget upgrades
- Kitted Out – Purchase all available Suits
- Behind the Masks – Complete “Grand Finale”
- Amazing – Reach max level
- Data Collector – Complete “Target Identified”
- Crimson Hour – Complete “It Was Meant for Me”
- Exterminator – Complete all Symbiote Nests
- Grains of Sand – Piece together broken memories
- Leave Us Alone – Complete “Don’t Be Scared”
- The Great Hunt – Complete “Anything Can Be Broken”
- Seek and Destroy – Complete all Hunter Bases
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man – Complete all FNSM requests
- Medicine – Complete “It Chose You”
- Surge – Use Symbiote Abilities 25 times during Symbiote Surge
- Foundational – Complete all EMF Experiments
- Evolved – Defeat 100 enemies with Evolved Venom abilities
- Armed and Dangerous – Defeat 100 enemies with Spider Arm abilities
- Bronze Trophies
- Another Way – Complete “No Escape”
- Fully Loaded – Purchase all of Spider-Man’s Suit Tech upgrades
- Brooklyn Pride – Complete “A Gift”
- My Community – Complete “Hard Bop”
- I Quit – Complete “This Isn’t You”
- Funky Wireless Protocols – Solve the mystery of the Spider-Bots’ origin
- Stylish – Equip a suit style
- Slack Line – Stealth takedown 25 enemies in stealth from the Web Line
- Hang Ten – Perform 30 Air Tricks in a row without touching the ground
- Overdrive – As Miles, use Reverse Flux to pull 6 or more enemies together simultaneously
- Home Run! – Round the bases at the Big Apple Ballers Stadium
- Just Let Go – As Miles, find the science trophy Miles and Phin won together
- You Know What to Do – As Peter, visit Aunt May’s grave
- Soar – Using only your Web Wings, glide from the Financial District to Astoria (Wind Tunnels are okay!)
- Splat – Attempt and fail a trick before “landing” on the ground
- A New Adventure – Help Howard
- Resourceful – Collect a total of 10,000 Tech Parts
- Co-Signing – Complete all Tech Stashes
- You’re Gonna Need Help – Complete “Surface Tension”
- New York, New York – Complete all Photo Ops
- Antidote – Defeat a Symbiote that is under the effect of Anti-Venom status
- A New Suit – Acquire the Black Suit
Unlocking the Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Trophy Universe
In the gaming world, it’s common for physical copies of major releases to leak out a week or so before the official launch date.
This can lead to a flood of spoilers inundating the internet, potentially ruining the gaming experience for those who prefer to uncover the story on their own.
What makes Spider-Man 2 particularly intriguing is the secrecy surrounding its plot. While the core narrative involves Peter Parker donning the black symbiote suit, the game’s developer, Insomniac, has decided to shake up traditional character roles, injecting an element of unpredictability into the mix.
Interestingly, Insomniac has officially released some trophy details for the game, but now, the more spoiler-filled ones have found their way online.
For those keen on avoiding spoilers, it’s best not to read any further…
Symbiote Secrets and Side Quests: Trophy Clues Unveiled
The game boasts a total of 42 trophies, including 1 platinum, 2 gold, 17 silver, and 22 bronze. As one might expect, most of these trophies serve as rewards for reaching specific milestones in the story, defeating enemies using certain tactics, or unlocking upgrades.
Notably, this trophy count is slightly lower than that of its predecessor, Miles Morales, with 50 trophies, and the original Spider-Man game, which featured 51 trophies. The reason for this reduction remains unclear.
Although the trophy descriptions don’t provide explicit details about their objectives, some hints can be gleaned.
For instance, a mention of ‘hunter bases’ for Kraven and ‘symbiote nests’ implies recurring side quests, similar to the Fisk hideouts from the first game.
The reference to symbiote nests hints at the existence of multiple symbiotes beyond Venom, a concept drawn from the comics.
Hints at Game Plot Points
Furthermore, another trophy suggests the presence of multiple symbiotes. The ‘Antidote’ trophy requires players to ‘Defeat a Symbiote that is under the effect of Anti-Venom status.’
A question on many fans’ minds is whether players will have the opportunity to control Venom. The ‘Evolved’ trophy suggests this possibility, as it tasks players with ‘Defeating 100 enemies with Evolved Venom abilities.’
However, it’s worth noting that Miles has unique abilities named ‘venom strike’ and ‘venom blast,’ unrelated to the character Venom, likely a nod to them.
Several other trophies allude to plot points that can be inferred from watching the game’s trailers or understanding Peter Parker’s typical experiences with the black suit.
For example, the ‘I Quit’ trophy is awarded for completing a mission titled ‘This Isn’t You,’ hinting at a pivotal moment in the story.
Moreover, ‘Grains of Sand’ refers to ‘piecing together broken memories,’ possibly related to the character Sandman but not necessarily central to the main storyline.
Among the trophies, one named ‘A New Adventure’ stands out, requiring players to ‘Help Howard.’ It raises curiosity, as there might be another Spider-Man character named Howard.
Fans might also speculate about the inclusion of Howard the Duck, which would be exciting. However, the absence of Squirrel Girl, a friend of Kraven in her comics, could disappoint some.
With Spider-Man 2’s release approaching, fans are bracing themselves for what promises to be an exciting gaming experience filled with surprises and challenges.
More Spider-Man 2 News:
Spider-Man 2 swings onto PS5 on October 20
About The Author
Jibril Moedeen is a passionate wordsmith with a talent for weaving stories that captivate hearts and minds. With a deep love for literature from a young age, he has embarked on a lifelong journey of creativity through the written word.
When not immersed in the world of writing, Jibril is a dedicated Martial Artist with a black belt in karate and a blue belt in judo. He has achieved a level 10 badge in swimming and have a deep passion for reading and writing.
With a unique voice and an unwavering dedication to the craft, Jibril continues to enchant readers and leave a lasting impact on the literary landscape. Their words have the power to transport readers to new realms, making me a true storyteller for the ages.