Games Workshop have announced that Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade will be the new upcoming video game in the popular long-running series. The title is being developed by Quebec-based Behaviour Interactive, and will arrive in the Warhammer 40K universe in 2015.
Players will be able to fight over one of the game’s main planets to gain full control where most of the gameplay is going to be set. You’ll be able to choose your own faction out of an initial four. There will be more choice as the game goes on and gets a certain completed percentage.
Players will fight alongside thousands of other warriors in the ultimate first-hand combat in the world of eternal conflict. Miguel Caron, who’s the Head of Behaviour Interactive’s Online Studio said: “Eternal Crusade’s team are all MMO development veterans and with the support of Behaviour’s 20+ years of experience this is going to be the online Warhammer 40,000 universe game that fans have been dreaming of for years!”
below is the full list of features that players can be expected to see in the final full version once released in 2015.
- Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory!
- Get behind the controls of Battlewagons, Predators, Space Marine Rhinos ,Ork and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium.
- Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, it’s fate lies completely in the hands of the players.
- Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gun-play and truly brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers.
- Participate in truly gigantic conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of real players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.
- Become a warrior from one of the four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Orks, Space Marines, Eldar and Chaos Space Marines.
The list looks really good right, well third person MMO Eternal Crusade will be heading your way in 2015 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.