Publishing house Panic, in collaboration with co-creators Julian Cordero and Sebastian Valbuena, have unveiled ‘despelote’, a novel first-person football-themed video game.
Slated for a 2024 release, despelote will be accessible on Windows PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S.
Here’s a brief overview of the game, including its introductory trailer:
Embody the persona of eight-year-old Julián in despelote, a football game that’s not just about the sport, but also the people. Immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Quito’s streets and parks. Engage in a game of football around the city, experiment with dribbling, passing, and shooting, and witness the reactions when you kick the ball towards someone. Experience the city’s transformation as Ecuador inches closer to World Cup qualification.
- An autobiographical narrative of childhood, laced with elements of fantasy and nostalgia.
- Freely explore a bustling urban environment teeming with activities, interactions, and opportunities for mischief.
- Experience the tangible feel of a physics-based football, designed for a first-person perspective.
- Dive into a colourful world populated with characters engaged in humorous and heartfelt conversations.
- The game uses real photographs and audio recorded on site in Ecuador to provide a convincing sense of location.
About The Author
Stephen is the proud owner of a popular gaming news website GLN, where he provides the latest updates on everything gaming-related. With a passion for video games that dates back to his childhood, Stephen is dedicated to sharing his knowledge and expertise with fellow gamers around the world.