The highly popular Resident Evil 4 remake has begun receiving a new update which includes several fixes, but there’s one particular change that could potentially upset the community who love to complete games fast. Since its release, the game has quickly become one of the best-selling titles in the Resident Evil franchise, earning critical acclaim and attracting both old and new fans alike.
Recently, many players have been observing the various methods through which fans can exploit Resident Evil 4. These exploitative techniques may comprise glitches that provide Leon Kennedy an unreasonable quantity of rockets or a stun lock on a game boss that facilitates their defeat. Nonetheless, utilising such methods has allowed players to make their gameplay less challenging. Yet, it appears that the game developer has taken steps to rectify some of the more conspicuous exploits.
The RE4 remake’s most recent patch notes mention that the game has undergone a significant update, resolving several issues. As per a recent announcement on the game’s official website, the patch has rectified the issue of unobtainable items, along with miscellaneous fixes across all platforms. However, this update also disables the ability to warp through walls, specifically when using the scope. This could negatively impact players who have been mastering speedrunning strategies and have been leveraging this exploit to complete their playthroughs swiftly.
Enthusiasts wasted no time in embarking on speedruns of the game. Despite its average 15-16 hour length, some committed players have been finishing the remake in under two hours. A technique that has enabled this is using the scope to bypass several regions. Nonetheless, with the latest update rectifying this particular glitch, players seeking to set new world records may need to reevaluate their strategies.
For those unfamiliar with the term, speedrunning is a widely popular challenge amongst gamers. Essentially, the objective is to reach the end of a game in any conceivable way. Though cheating is strictly prohibited, numerous runs have categories that permit the exploitation of glitches as well as the game’s overall programming. The full patch notes were posted on the official RE website and can be viewed below.
The Full Patch Notes
Xbox Series S/X
- The game launch problem caused by downloadable content installation while logged in to an account with content restrictions.
- The stick dead zone (the unresponsive range of the controller’s sticks) adjustments made on April 7th have been further fine-tuned.
- The changes to the graphics rendering process made on April 7 have been re-evaluated and modified.
- The issue of displaying incorrect text for certain trophy explanations in Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish has been resolved.
Steam/Xbox Series S/X/PS4/PS5
- The problem of certain key items becoming unattainable, impeding players’ progress through the main storyline.
- The issue causing players to warp through walls in specific areas while using the scope has been rectified.